What Brands need to know about Mobile AR
Mobile AR already has access to over a billion smartphone users, reaching 1.4 billion by the end of 2019. The technology also generated $1.8 billion last year and is expected to double this year. As the highest grossing software platform in XR with the widest reach, mobile AR is set to revolutionize the industry and become a prolific gateway to virtual reality (VR), AR glasses and mixed reality (MR) adoption in the future.
This white paper provides an overview of the mobile AR market and audience, and best practices experts of the industry suggest. Key insights of this white paper include:
- Three in five mobile AR users are millennials, with users 18-35 skewing female. The average age of adult mobile AR users is 13 years younger than non-users (33 versus 46 years old), explaining the reason why social media tops the list in terms of the most popular mobile AR apps.
- There are almost 3,000 applications created in ARKit for iPhone and over 500 on ARCore for Android. These are the most widely used tools to create mobile AR content.
- While the technology has tons of potential, it is not a perfect fit for every brand. Brands that master the two main value drivers for AR: utility and delight, will see the most benefit from incorporating AR in their campaigns.
In this white paper you will see:
- AR will paint the world with data
- Technology adoption
- Market size
- Mobile AR tools
- Mobile AR apps
- Best practices
- How brands are using mobile AR
- Remaking Space
- Nowhere to go but up