Social casino single issue 4Q 2017
The social casino games market has been maturing and condensing for years. The rise of mobile created new opportunities, and innovation in genres and mechanics has brought in new players and kept existing players engaged in one of the highest-spending genres in games worldwide.
As social casino games continue, however, the need for granular data and strategy focused insights becomes more vital. In the new quarterly social casino reports, SuperData takes the gold-standard for research on this market and presents a comprehensive analysis of consumer insights, game-level performance metrics, industry news, and analysis of trends to ensure publishers and developers are prepared to tackle the market.
In this quarter's report, readers get access to performance metrics for the games of every major publisher, insights on how to optimize genre offerings and new mechanics that appeal to casino players, and more.
- Mobile and desktop social casino games earned a combined $882M in Q4 2017. The increase in revenue over the previous quarter is due to the rising conversion rates across all social casino subgenres. In the US, mobile slots conversion rose from 6.9% to 7.8% from Q3 to Q4.
- Social casino publishers are looking for ways to increase their ad revenue potential. Big Fish Games uses opt-in ads to create new revenue streams for its flagship title, Big Fish Casino. The game allows players to watch ads in exchange for in-game currency.
- Aristocrat is set to rise in the top publisher rankings after acquiring Big Fish Games in January 2018 for $990M. Aristocrat is heavily investing in digital gaming making acquisitions that will diversify its product offerings. The publisher also acquired Plarium, a social games company, in August 2017.
Contents in the Q4 report:
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Notes from the Analyst
- State of the Market
- Annual Social Casino Revenue by Region
- Monthly Social Casino Revenue (Mobile vs Desktop)
- Revenue Trends for Top Publishers
- Playtika, Zynga, DoubleU Games, Product Madness, Scientific Games, Churchill Downs, GSN, Playstudios, Murka, Huuuge Games
- New and Noteworthy
- Flowplay, Sega, UK Gambling Authority
- Highlight: Leveraging Ad Revenue in Social Casino Games
- Case studies: Benefits of implementing ads in social casino games
- Big Fish Casino, Zynga Poker & Gardenscapes
- Appendix A: Top Publisher Metrics
- Monthly publisher and title-level revenue
- Title-level MAU, DAU/MAU, and ARPDAU
- Appendix B: Spending and Lifetime Value
- ARPPU and Conversion (PC vs mobile)
- Lifetime Value (PC vs Mobile)
- Game Platforms and Categories
- Everything Else
- About SuperData
- Fine Print